Grumman F9F Panther - FSX
Built only for FSX SP2 and Acceleration, the Panther has '2' highly detailed virtual cockpit complete with 3D gauges, authentic textures and a whole range of historically-accurate features.
Watch and listen as countless animations and sound effects bring the mighty J48 engine to life.
Fly fast paced bombing sorties or fire rockets and machine guns at the enemy whilst the accurate flight dynamics adapt to the ever-changing situation!
Emerging from World War II as one of the most potent fighting arms on the planet, the US Navy recognized that the day of the piston-engine fighter was drawing to a close.
Having supplied the fleet with the Tigercat and Bearcat, Grumman began design work on a carrier-based fighter to rival the McDonnell FH-1 Phantom.
A conventional design with straight wings and excellent low speed characteristics, the first of 567 F9Fs reached the fleet in 1949 powered by two Rolls-Royce Nene engines providing 5,000 pounds of thrust.
They were none too soon. On August 6, 1950, Panthers were the first carrier jets to see action in Korea and performed almost half of all attack missions for the Navy and Marine Corps.
Armament included four 20mm cannon plus two bombs or an assortment of rockets.
Among the major Panther variants were the F9F-2B, a modified ground attack version with hardpoints for underwing stores; the F9F-5, the most numerous model, of which 616 were built; and the F9F-5P, an unarmed photo-surveillance version. A swept-wing model, the F9F-6 Cougar with higher speeds, would enter service in late 1951.
• 2 x models included, F9F-5 and F9F-5P
• Designed and built by the book.
• Comes complete with a comprehensive PDF manual.
• 3D 'Sound Cone' Technology with an amazing sound set, engineered using authentic Pratt &
Whitney J48 recordings.
• Every object or function creates a realistic noise!
• Tru3D dynamic load editor that will affect aircraft weights on the fly.
• DirectX 10 compatible models complete with virtual cockpit self-shadowing.
• Systems and Tru3D gauges for ultimate realism taken beyond what's available by default.
• Tru3D Instrumentation for the ultimate smooth flying experience.
• Tru3D gauge lighting brings the instruments to life at night!
• Fully customised lighting control system, including individually created night-lighting effects.
• V-studios customised high-resolution materials give the most realistic appearance to the aeroplane,
whilst being optimised for great performance!
• 6 historically accurate and detailed paint schemes.
• Fuel delivery system is accurately simulated.
• Fuel Tip Tank Dumping system.
• 2D Pop-ups, Configuration Editor, GPS and Radio.
• Realistic canopy operation and animation.
• Fully operable weapons pack with multiple munitions, including guns, bombs and rockets!
• Light bloom on glass and shiny materials.
• Exciting custom-made effects.
Host Sim: FSX (Service Pack 2 or Acceleration)
Operating System: Windows XP, Vista or 7 (32&64Bit)
Hard Disk: 600MB Free
Format: PC CD-ROM
Release Date: Available Now
This pack contains high resolution cover images & screenshots along with product descriptions for use in press documents and retail websites..
Welcome to Playsims Publishing
Publishers of Microsoft Flight Simulator Addon Titles.